-->

Sir, You Are Being Hunted: The Game Plan.

As I have mentioned before, I highly recommend that when you create your world, you have each of the five islands enabled. This will not only provide you with variety, but it will give you a good strategy to follow as to where you should venture first.
This "walkthrough" assumes that you are using all 5 of the island types and leaving the enemy spawn times as the default (although I find it ideal to tone down dogs to match the hunters spawn levels. They REALLY like to throw them at you late game) The following is the course of action I usually take when I play;
1) After starting the game and clearing out the standing stones, I immediately head to the nearest lootable structure; patrols are practically non exsistant for the first few minutes of the game, and those precious few minutes should be used to try and find a weapon of some sort and as much food and/or distraction items you can locate and carry. If you see any telebits, grab them! The central island telebits are absolutely HUGE in comparison to the other islands telebits, and with an empty inventory it's much less of a hassle to transport them to the standing stones in the beggining. HOWEVER, I recommend leaving at least one bit behind, or you will accelerate the enemy spawn significantly.
2) Once you have some basic supplies and some (or all) of the telebits packed away safely at the standing stones, make your way to the Fens region. The reason being that the fens is, in my opinion, the most dangerous biome when you enter the late game. The flat terrain all but ensures you will be caught if you run across open ground, and it's one of the few external islands that spawns riders. After arriving, the land owner should have, or will soon be spawning into the game. at this stage he's the most imposing threat you can face. Dogs will also spawn in at or around the same time. Once I get all the telebits, I get the eff outta dodge as soon as possible and make my way back to the mainland.
3) At this point, I like to deposit the stones ASAP and then go on a small loot run depending on my supplies. Hopefully by now you will have found a weapon of some sort, because it will only get harder from here on out. At this point I'll usually try and grab the final telebit piece on the central island and begin to make my way towards the next boat.
4) After the deposit, it's time to hit the restock point; the Industrial island. This is a biome where it's good to take your time. Make getting a weapon a priority if you haven't found one yet. Search as many houses you can, and don't forget to check both the front AND back doors!! The large factory buildings exclusive to this region often contain copius amounts of loot, including dynamite. The shacks found outside the city will usually contain a vodoo doll, in addition to the chance for more dynamite.
5) The mountains is one of those biomes that is either a breeze or a nightmare, depending on how well you stay hidden. Chases can last for a VERY long time here if you're not careful. There are usually at least one or two pubs in the mountains, which means that you're all but guaranted the rifle or a revolver if you've been unlucky thus far. Scarecrows should have started appearing by now, but they won't spawn in the mountains thankfully. However, poachers will be out in force, The mountains are densly populated with the copses that poachers like to hang out in, but they can be seen from far away and at the very least avoided.
6) At this point, the central island should be bustling with activity by now, making it very dangerous to be out in the open for too long. Riders should have spawned in by now, and the patrols will be up to 5 bots with acompanying dogs. Drop the pieces off as fast as you can and make for the final island; the castle biome. Not much else should be different from the central island, just clear it as fast as you can and book it back to the boat!
7) Now you'll be up againt the full army of bots standing between you and the stones. Although the end should be in sight, take your time and carefully make your way to the stones. Patrols will be literally everywhere, and a balloon sighting will probably mean the death of you. Riders are especially deadly and must be accounted for at all times while crossing the fields. If you managed to forget a piece, it can be VERY hard to salavage the situation this late in the game.

Addendum

I'm pretty much declaring this guide completed. This isn't a game you can really provide a "walkthrough" for due to its random and unscripted nature, so I will simply leave you with the knowledge I have given you to formulate your own strategy, in addition to the one I have outlined for you above. If for any reason the developers add new content, I will do my best to incorporate it into this guide.
If you have any questions, simply ask in the comments box. I'm usually on Steam at least once per day, and I'll do my best to add any additional info that is either missing, or recently discovered by you fine people.
This is an amazing game, and in my opinion it was a resounding success, despite some unfortunate reviews by people that simply didn't "get it". Very few games will offer such a unique experience, much less with such an original cast of characters and setting; I highly recommend Sir to anyone who may be on the fence about purchasing it. This is an indie game done right, and I hope that there will be more to follow.

source

Share on Google Plus

About Giampaolo Rossi.

Fond of computer and video games. Stay informed of the latest news on games for Linux and Android. The future of gaming is in Linux. All you need to know about How to play Windows games on Linux.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Random Posts