Atomorun X-Mas Edition comes with a very beatiful christmas-story, especially families will enjoy it:
Atomio was just walking around somewhere in the alpine region, when santa crashed with his nuclear driven sleigh. Now Atomio has to run, because he doesn't want to be contaminated.
Atom'o'run project is an OpenGL Jump&Run clone.
In Atom'o'run, the character "Atomio" has to escape from an exploding nuclear bomb. The shockwave tries to catch you, so run as fast as you can!
It uses 3D OpenGL for the graphics, while the gameplay is 2D (just jump and run as fast as you can, left to right).
What's New in This Release:
· Forgot to put the body in a displaylist also...
· The glasses are black again (ooops)
· It is now possible to leave the "game over"-screen with a press on ENTER
· The level is now generated randomly and a little bit larger. Makes it much more difficult :)
· Redesigned the menu.
· Some code cleanup
· Added the acid fog, from which Atomio has to run away.
· Fixed bug, where you could change the direction of Atomio in the menu.
· Sound support added. (New dependency: SDL_mixer with ogg support)
· Textures are now stored in smaller and better PNG's. (New dependency: SDL_image with png support)
· If loading a PNG (or OGG) fails, it tries to load a BMP (or WAV). See docsINSTALL.win32, why. Grrr, why do I have to make a win32 build?
· Fixed menu bug. It was possible to press Escape in the menu after playing the game.
· It's now possible to change resolution and fullscreen mode with commandline arguments. Start "atomorun -h" for more help.
Use this quick hack of an ebuild for easy installation with Gentoo Linux
If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog: