Digital Paintball is a multiplayer paintball game based on the Half-life engine. It attempts to recreate the experience of playing paintball in both fictional and non-fictional environments – this game puts you in the shoes of a tournament paintball player with unlimited resources and a mission statement of having fun.
Digital Paintball is a team-based first person shooter – when you first join a game you'll be given the option of which team to join (it doesn't really matter) and what equipment you'll be using. The overall goal of the game is simple, and is usually to either capture the flag or eliminate all opposition. With a large selection of markers, moves and fields, players will have something new to try every time they play. For now, grab your marker and gear and prepare for the most realistic PC paintball game to date!
Paintball 2 Build 27 Released!
This is a somewhat minor release designed to fix the crouch death bug, but it has a few sound improvements on the client as well.
- Tweak: Added sleep to server loop to hopefully prevent crashed servers from eating all CPU.
- Cvar: s_resamplequality - If set, sound resampling will use a linear algorithm to improve quality of non-48khz sound files.
- Cvar: s_resamplevolume - Since new sounds are quieter to avoid clipping, old non-48khz sounds will be scaled down by this value (default is 0.5, 50%).
- Cvar: s_force48khz - Enabled by default, sound settings are forced to high quality (48khz). If you wish to use
- Media: Surface specific splat sounds.
- Media: New 68 Carbine and VM-68 recordings.
- Media: Fixed admin map changing menu.