It is going to be a first person shooter with many quests and puzzle elements.
Here you can download the first tech demo of Crystal Core. This version features:
- A game menu where you can start the game and change a few options.
- Two levels out of the game.
- Two creatures that will try to follow and attack you.
- A small quest that you have to solve in order to get access to some part of the level.
- Nice music and sound effects.
- Working inventory system, health, and ammo system.
- Graphics intensive. If you don't have a good 3D card then it will be slow.
- There is a bug that prevents going back to the menu after killing the first alien and when it spawns again.
- There is a crash at exit on Linux.
- On some systems the menu is corrupted when you return to it from the game.
- This demo is really very limited. After you kill the two monsters there is nothing more to do.
- Be a good and playable game.
- Be a good tutorial on how to make games using Crystal Space, CEL, and CELstart.
- Spawn a modding community. Crystal Core is heavily modular and extensible.
Check out the developers site for more information about the game.
Crystal Space machinamation demo
Ecksdee, a futuristic Race & Destroy game.
Coche Garaje, a small celstart racing game.
Ice Lands ,a Commercial Game with free Downloadable Version.
Game featuring the actress Dulce Maria.
Screenshot in blender, showing going from blender to Crystal Space. From the game Crystal Core.
Keepsake, famous commercial game made with Crystal Space.
Planeshift, a notable free software MMORPG.
A commercial adventure game.
An Outcast remake called Open Outcast, now a Crysis mod and no longer using Crystal Space.
Bulgarian racing game.
Peragro Tempus, a libre software MMORPG.