It is going to be a first person shooter with many quests and puzzle elements.
Here you can download the first tech demo of Crystal Core. This version features:
- A game menu where you can start the game and change a few options.
- Two levels out of the game.
- Two creatures that will try to follow and attack you.
- A small quest that you have to solve in order to get access to some part of the level.
- Nice music and sound effects.
- Working inventory system, health, and ammo system.
- Graphics intensive. If you don't have a good 3D card then it will be slow.
- There is a bug that prevents going back to the menu after killing the first alien and when it spawns again.
- There is a crash at exit on Linux.
- On some systems the menu is corrupted when you return to it from the game.
- This demo is really very limited. After you kill the two monsters there is nothing more to do.
- Be a good and playable game.
- Be a good tutorial on how to make games using Crystal Space, CEL, and CELstart.
- Spawn a modding community. Crystal Core is heavily modular and extensible.