The game is a single-player and multi-player first-person shooter, built as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2, which lends itself toward a balanced gameplay, completely at the control of map makers, while maintaining a general theme of tactics and low gravity. For more information, please see our Wiki.
In a true open source by the people for the people nature, it tries to work closely with the gaming and open source communities to provide a better overall experience, taking all sorts of feedback from your average player, to your seasoned developer, aiming to create a story-driven game environment that is flexible, fun, easy to use, and pleasing to the eye.
Current Version: v0.80 (Beta 1) released 24th February 2009.
* Unique, original, and fun gameplay, storyline, theme, artwork, and content. Pushing the boundaries of open source first person gaming.
* More configurable, providing an extensive range of world variables for mappers and game variables for players/admin to control every aspect.
* Play plain ol' deathmatch, instagib, ctf, duel, lms, or use the select range of mutators and myriad of variables to create your own.
* Item domination and dropping, fight for your lives over a great range of weapons, each with its own distinct personality, pros, and cons.
* Strong artificial intelligence (A.I. or "Bots") capable of participating within all modes of its deathmatch environment, even online.
* Improved editing displays and capabilities, with automatic map package creation and online transfers completely transparent to the user.
* Enhanced engine systems, with extra goodies like stereoscopic or anaglyph view modes, and unique mouse settings.
The main adventure component of Blood Frontier will always be Free and Open Source Software, and you can contribute to it too. The only restriction is that currently you are free to distribute but not copy or reuse the artwork without permission. This project will eventually release its assests under an as-yet undetermined open source license, once it reaches full version. For a full list of people who have contributed see the Credits. For licensing information, please see the License.
In the distant future, humanity has spread throughout the solar system, to Mars and beyond. A vast communications network bridges from colony to colony, human to machine, and machine to human. This seemingly benign keystone of modern inter-planetary society, however, appears to be the carrier of a mysterious techno-biological plague. Any persons so-connected seem to fall ill and die, only to return as ravenous, sub-human cannibals. You, a machine intelligence, an android, remain unafflicted by this strange phenomenon and have been tasked with destroying the growing hordes of the infected, while, hopefully, locating and stopping the source of the epidemic.
Download for Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala in questa pagina (PLayDeb).