PyChess is another chess game in Linux. I do not like either of the chess engines that PyChess can use (GNUChess and PyChess), but maybe it was just the way that PyChess used them.
The computer made decisions to quickly and did not play very well. I also believe that the artists for this program could have made the pieces look nicer and appear more physically attractive.
The client should be usable both to those totally new to chess, those who want to play an occasional game, and those who wants to use the computer to further enhance their play.
* Attractive interface
* Chess Engine Communication Protocol (CECP) and Univeral Chess Interface (UCI) Engine support
* Free online play on the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS)
* Read and writes PGN, EPD and FEN chess file formats
* Built-in Python based engine
* Undo and pause functions
* Board and piece animation
* Drag and drop
* Tabbed interface
* Hints and spyarrows
* Opening book sidepanel using sqlite
* Score plot sidepanel
* "Enter game" in pgn dialog
* Optional sounds
* Legal move highlighting
* Internationalised or figure pieces in notation